Automotive Fleet emphasized providing fleet managers and professionals with the latest industry news in 2023. It’s important to stay informed about the latest developments and dive deeper into the biggest stories of the year. Automotive Fleet’s staff created a list of the top news items that its audience will find most useful.
From company rebrandings to telematics, these news stories provide a snapshot of 2023.
Top Automotive Fleet News in 2023
- Enterprise Holdings Rebrands as Enterprise Mobility – Enterprise connected its full portfolio of offerings – car rental, fleet management, flexible vehicle hire, carsharing, vanpooling, car sales, truck rental, vehicle subscription, luxury rental, technology solutions, and more – under a new corporate brand.
- How Will the UAW Strike’s Impact Affect Fleets? – With the UAW strike settled, the automotive industry is figuring out its impact across all sectors and in terms of vehicle supply and pricing.
- Top 5 Telematics Providers – ABI Research revealed an examination of video telematics solutions for commercial fleets while at the same time delivering market trends and analysis.
- Why Has Initial Vehicle Quality Declined? – J.D Power released a study that shows new vehicles are becoming more problematic.
- Q&A with SVT: Do We Need Another Fleet Management Company? – In May, SVT Fleet Solutions (SVT) announced the launch of its suite of fleet management services. Automotive Fleet reconnected with SVT’s President Don Kelley to dig deeper into the new company’s business model.
- Why Is Ford Keeping AM Radio in New Models? – Ford announced it was not scrapping AM radio in its new and updated light-duty models. The automaker provided more insights into the decision.
- A VIN for All: New Tool Documents Vehicle Data Security Levels – Privacy4Cars launched a new tool, called Vehicle Privacy Report, that widens access to the security information of most vehicles on the road.
- Industry Groups React to EPA’s Proposed Emissions Standards – Industry groups across the U.S. released their thoughts on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)’s proposed federal vehicle emissions standards to accelerate the ongoing transition to a clean vehicle future.
- EVs: An IIHS Researcher Speaks Out About a Weighty Issue – Researchers at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) voiced concern about the safety implications linked to the weight of new electric vehicles (EVs).
- 10 Fleet Takeaways from CES 2023 – Here is what fleets showcased at this year’s CES, held from Jan. 5-8, in Las Vegas.
We hope you found this list helpful in recapping the biggest developments in the automotive fleet industry. Be sure to look out for more updates and insights as Automotive Fleet continues to provide the latest news, and don’t forget to sign up for our newsletters.