GMC on Sept 13 revealed the all-new Acadia mid-size SUV.
“GMC’s brand mission is to be a leader in capability, professional-grade refinement, and technological innovation,” said Duncan Aldred, global vice president, Buick and GMC. “The all-new Acadia showcases all that and more in a uniquely GMC way — and it’s a blueprint of what’s to come for the GMC SUV portfolio.”
Storage and Spaciousness
The 2024 Acadia sits 10.6 inches longer and 3.2 inches taller than the previous generation, enabling enhanced passenger spaciousness and an expanded seating configuration of seven or eight passengers, depending on the trim.
The Acadia’s larger size also means more storage space — including nearly 80% more cargo space behind the third row and more than 36% more behind the second row, compared to the current generation.
“For this next generation, our mission was to reimagine the design and the proportions of the Acadia to create a bolder, more commanding presence, firmly in the vein of the evolving GMC portfolio,” said Design Lead at GMC Ben Zavala in a recent news release. “With its assertive, powerful stance, the 2024 Acadia evokes a truck-inspired persona, infused with the brand’s signature premium feel.”
All trims of the Acadia are powered by a new 2.5L turbocharged engine that delivers more power and more trailering capability than the previous generation. Producing 328 horsepower and 326 lb-ft of torque, the new engine is paired with an eight-speed automatic on all trims with available all-wheel drive, including an exclusive off-road-capable active torque control AWD system on the redesigned Acadia AT4.
Available Super Cruise Driver Assistance Technology
The 2024 Acadia also offers Super Cruise — the hands-free advanced driver assistance system available on more than 400,000 miles of roads in the U.S. and Canada. The Super Cruise will be available on GMC trims such as Elevation Premium and AT4 in addition to Denali. Acadia will receive the latest version of GM’s Super Cruise technology, which includes trailering assist and automatic lane-change capabilities.
System Features and Safety Technology
System highlights include:
- Customizable touchscreen displays
- Google built-in compatibility with available apps including navigation
- Available high-contrast display
The 2024 GMC Acadia features a list of standard advanced safety features and driver assistance technologies, including:
- Up to nine available camera views for enhanced visibility, accessible through the central infotainment display
- Forward collision alert
- Following distance indicator
- Front pedestrian and bicycle braking
- IntelliBeam high beam assist
- HD rear vision camera
- Rear park assist
- Safety alert seat
- Rear cross-traffic braking
- Blind zone steering assist
- Buckle to drive
- Rear seat reminder
- Intersection automatic emergency braking
- Rear pedestrian detection
- Enhanced automatic emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control
- Speed limit assist
- Side bicyclist alert
- Enhanced lane keep assist
- Reverse auto braking
- Traffic sign recognition
Acadia AT4 — Capabilities
Advanced off-road driving technologies and features are matched with design cues and interior appointments.
AT4 exclusive features include:
- A one-inch higher ride height and a wider track, coupled with 18-inch AT tires improve stability, handling, and capability when driving off-road.
- Off-road-tuned suspension with hydraulic rebound control.
- AT4-exclusive active torque control AWD system with twin-clutch rear differentials for optimal traction and control in demanding scenarios.
- Front fascia accented with signature AT4 red tow-hooks and integrated skid plates.
- Selectable drive modes including terrain mode and hill descent control.
- Exclusive AT4 interior elements featuring Forest Storm interior with Mahogany stitching and additional chrome-metallic trim.
Acadia Denali Design
- Standard one-touch folding second-row seats and power-folding third row
- Exterior trim and design features, including unique trim accents, a signature Denali grille, and available, all-new, 22-inch machined aluminum wheels
- Interior featuring an available panoramic, pillar-to-pillar sunroof, authentic laser-etched wood décor with Galvano chrome accents, and perforated leather-appointed heated and ventilated front seats and available second-row outboard heated seats
- Active noise canceling technology and a Bose premium sound system with 12 standard speakers— and up to 16 available on Denali
Coming Soon from Lansing
The next-generation 2024 GMC Acadia will be produced at GM’s Lansing Delta Township Assembly in Michigan and is expected to be available in early 2024. Additional details, including pricing, will be announced closer to the start of production.